Do you ever wonder why you make certain choices?
Why you do what you do?
Why you like certain things?
Why you are better at some things than others?
There’s a reason. It’s your talents!
A decade ago, Gallup unveiled the results of a landmark 30-year research project that ignited a global conversation on the topic of strengths. More than 8 million people have since taken Gallup’s Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment.
Those who take Gallup’s Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and base their professional and personal lives on their leading strengths are more likely to agree with all or most of the following statements about strengths based development.
STRENGTHS BASED DEVELOPMENT
- Strengths-based development builds on a person’s areas of greatest potential rather than shore up weaknesses.
- A person’s greatest opportunity for success lies in building on their natural talents, not in fixing weaknesses.
- People who know their talents and have the opportunity to use them at work are more than six times as likely to engage in their jobs.
- People who know their talents have the opportunity to use them at work are three times more likely to report having an excellent quality of life.
- People who use their strengths every day have 7.8% greater productivity.
- Building your talents into real strengths requires practice and hard work, much like developing physical strength.